When you enter the polling booth, you can only vote for one candidate.
But only being able to vote for one candidate causes lots of problems:
- You feel forced to vote for who you think can win instead of your favorite.
- Winning candidates often don’t represent a broad base of voters.
- The system is dominated by two parties, leaving no room for new ideas to break through.
Our elections don’t have to be like this!
The Solution: Approval Voting
With approval voting, you can vote for all the candidates you want. The candidate with the most votes wins. It’s as simple as that!
Approval voting is a simple tweak that offers enormous benefits:
- Be excited to vote for your favorite, instead of the one most likely to win.
- Enjoy newer ideas, newer candidates, and fewer attacks.
- Elect the best possible candidate that represents the most Americans.
Want to Take a Deeper Dive?
Check out some of the other articles on our website to learn more about the problems with our current system, the benefits of approval voting, and how it compares to other popular methods:
Take Action to Fix the Broken System
Changing the way we vote isn’t pie-in-the-sky thinking. We’ve already helped change how 120,000 citizens in Fargo, North Dakota vote. Now we’re working with grassroots activists to empower 300,000+ residents of St. Louis, Missouri. We need you on board to improve the way we vote! Every voice matters, and we want to hear yours.